The Department of Radiodiagnosis, Base Hospital, Delhi Cantt caters to a large clientele of serving and ex-serviceman population. The average footfall in this department is 500-600 per day. The Dept. is fully equipped with latest state of the art facilities and is adequately staffed.
The Department carries out undergraduate training of medical students of the Army College of Medical Sciences. The aim of imparting undergraduate training in Radiology is to develop an understanding and interest in the subject. Knowledge of the subject of radiology is not only important from an academic stand point, but is also essential in the making of a good clinician.
The Department also carries out post graduate DNB programme for post graduate students and training of X-Ray assistants, CT and MRI technicians.
The goals of teaching of radiology to undergraduate students are:-
1. Making the students to realize the basic needs of various radio-diagnostic tools in medical practice through interactive lectures and practical tutorials.
2. Understanding of indications and availability for various radiological investigations in clinical practice and pre-procedure patient preparation.
3. Awareness of ill effects of radiation and various radiation protection measures to be employed.
4. Understand the fundamental principles of radiological imaging, anatomic correlation and their application in diagnosis and therapy.
5. Research methodology, information and advantages of the use of PACS in research project and publication.
6. Introduction to research projects is being carried out in the Dept alongwith their active participation is being scheduled on regular basis.
7. The Dept is equipped with an exhaustive inventory of library books of mainly western publications and is subscribed to prominent national and international radiology journals.
Internship Training involves various interactive lectures, tutorials, Film reading sessions, practical hands on work experience and introduction to various interventional radiology procedures.
It is to impart knowledge about the basics of various radio-diagnostic tools in medical practice. Interns are made to understand indications and availability of various radiological investigations in clinical practice and pre-procedure patient preparation. Emphasis is laid on awareness of ill effects of radiation and various radiation protection measures to be employed in the Dept.
The fundamental principles of radiological physics, radiological anatomic correlation and its application in diagnosis and therapy is explained in the training programmes.
Facilities available in Department of Radiology:-
1. Conventional X Rays
2. Computed Radiography
3. Contrast radiography (Urography, hysterosalpinography, Barium studies etc)
4. Image intensifier
7. Color doppler
8. Multi detector CT (MDCT) (16 slice )
9. MRI 1.5 Tesla
10. Interventional Radiology Lab