GUEST LECTURE AND CONFERENCES ORGANIZED IN 2017-18
|S No||Date||Topic||Speaker||Conduct by|
|1||01 Feb 2018||“The Making of a Doctor”||Dr Sunil Mittal, MD Psychiatry, Chairman, Cosmos Institute of Mental Health and Behaviour Senses, Vikas Marg, Delhi||Dept of Psychiatry|
|2||09 Mar 2018||“Mind Management – It’s all a game of mind”||Mr Rahul Pandey, Regional Marketing leader – India Region, GE – Steam Power Systems||Dept of Anatomy|
|3||13 Mar 2018||Self Breast Examination||Dr Anita Khokar
Dir Prof Dept of Community Medicine, VMMC & SJH
|Dept of Community Medicine|
|4||15 Mar 2018||“Infertility”||Brig RK Sharma (Retd)
Director, Consultant of Institute of Reproductive Medicine & IVF Centre Primus Hospital, Chanakyapuri, Delhi
|Dept of Obst & Gynae|
|5||23 Mar 2018||Antimicrobial Resistance & Infection control||Col M Kumar
Professor Microbiology R&R Hospital, Delhi Cantt
|Dept of Microbiology|
|6||06 Apr 2018||“Anatomy – The Foundation Stone of Medicine”||Dr Rajesh Kumar Suri
Dir Prof, Anatomy, VMMC & Safdarjung Hospital
|Dept of Anatomy|
|7||13 Apr 2018||“Genetic Disorder – An Ocean of Opportunities”||Lt Col (Retd) AK Harith
Sr Consultant & HoD, Dept of Biochemistry, Medanta, Gurgaon
|Dept of Biochemistry|
|8||03 May 18||“Laparoscopic Surgery – Current Concepts”||Col KJ Singh, Sr Advisor, Surgery, GI Surgery, Army Hosp (R&R)||Dept of Surgery|
|9||11 May 18||“Conflicts & Challenges of Young Childhood”||Brig (Dr) KS Rana (Retd), Senior Consultant (Pediatric Neurology), Venkateshwar Multi Super Speciality Hospital, Dwarka||Dept of Paediatrics|
NATIONAL SEMINARS/CONFERENCE CONDUCTED BY THE INSTITUTION
The following Seminars/Conference conducted by this College
CONFERENCE/ WORKSHOPS/ CME
DEPARTMENT OF MEU
- Organized Workshop – “Revised Basic Course Workshop” in Medical Education Technologies (MET) at ACMS from 9th-11thFeb 2017.
- Hair transplant by FUE 11th April, 2017
- Fillers and Botox, 25th July, 2017
- Chemical Peeling, 12th Sep, 2017
- Deformity correction by Internal fixator. 1st and 2nd May 2017
- Complex trauma care using SUV external fixator system, 15 Feb, 2017
- Workshop on ‘Liquid Based Cytology’ organized on 3rd feb 2017 .Eminent speakers from India and UK attended the conference.
- CME: World Health Day 2017 – ‘Depression: Let’s Talk
- Workshop: Trauma workshop- ALTS, 28-29 Oct, 2017 in BHDC, Delhi Cantt
- Workshop: AULTS (AIIMS ultrasound trauma life support) in collaboration with AIIMS, 17th Dec, 2017.
DEPARTMENT OF MEU
- Conducted 2nd rBCW in Medical Education Technologies at ACMS from 26-28 Feb 2018 as Co-ordinator MEU
- National Workshop: Hands on Cadaveric dissection workshop in head and neck at ACMS in collaboration with R R and BHDC in March, 2018
- National CME: Newer dimensions in addiction disorder 14-15 April, 2018 at BHDC
GUEST LECTURE AND CONFERENCES ORGANIZED IN 2015-16
Department Of Anaesthesia
- 1 .Overview of Anaesthesia on World Anaesthesia Day by Dr Vijay Vohra, Head ,Department of Anaesthesiology and Critical Care, Medanta Medicity, Gurgaon
- 2 .CME on Resuscitation; A CME on Resuscitation was organized by the department on 2nd and 3rd May 2015. It was attended by a total of 446 delegates. The programme included lectures by faculty and hands on training for BLS, take off and exit tests for the delegates.
- 3 .ISA Meet – Delhi Chapter, June 2015; The Delhi Chapter ISA meet was conducted by the Department of Anaesthesiology and Critical Care, Base Hospital, Delhi Cantt , on 18th June 2015.
- 4. Organ Donation Awareness Campaign; An Organ Donation Awareness campaign was organized by the department on 21st august 2015. The chief guest for the event was Lt Gen R Ravindran, GOC, HQ Delhi Area. The campaign was supported by the Harley Davidson Group. Organ donation pledge was signed and audience was made aware about the benefits of organ donation.
Department Of Anatomy
- 1. Guest lecture by Dr R L Drake & Dr A W Vogl, authors of Grays Anatomy for students was organised on 18 March 15.
Department of Biochemistry
- 1. Dr Lal Chandra Professor, Deptt of Biochemistry, MAMC, New Delhi delivered guest lecture on Lifestyle Modification Perception & Belief on 23 Nov 15
Department Of Community Medicine
- 1. Central Symposium on “Zika Virus: Epidemiology, Treatment and Prevention.” Conducted jointly by Microbiology, Medicine and Community Medicine.
- 2. World cancer Day on 4th February 2016, Guest Lecture by Dr. (Maj Gen) Manmoy Ganguly, MG Med HQ Delhi Area & Director Professor Surgery ACMS. “Cancer Awareness, Prevention & Control.”
- 3. Orientation workshop by girls count on “Declining Child sex Ratio: challenges and Responses was conducted on 1st May 2015 in college auditorium. Dr Satish Agnihotri(IAS),Former Secy Coordination,Govt of India, Mr Sanjay Parik,Adv, Supreme Court of India and Mr Rizwan Parwez, Coordinator, Girls count were the main speaker in the workshop
- 4. One day national Conference on “Sharing Perspectives in Public Health” organized on 28th November, 2015 along with Indian Council of Medical Research.
- 5. Seminar on “Radiation and Cancer; Public Health Concerns” organized in collaboration with Nuclear Power Corporation India Limited & Vardhaman Mahavir Medical College and Safdarjung Hospital on 20 Aug 2015.
Department Of Gynaecology
- 1. “Declining sex ratio” Guest Lecture by Brig. Kathpalia , HOD, Deptt of OB GY, ACMS & BHDC, on Dec 10,2015.
- 2. “Basics in Infertility” by Col Pankaj Talwar, VSM, Head of Assisted Reproductive Technique, Dept of Obst & Gynae, Army Hospital (R&R) on 07 Apr 2015
Department Of Pathology
- 1. Guest Lecture on “Changing paradigms in Carcinogenesis” on 22nd Jan 2016 by Brig Vibha Dutta,SM,HOD Pathology, AH (R&R)
Department Of Physiology
- 1. A guest lecture on “Clues to health Sleep: Sleep on Time” by Dr HN Mallick, Professor, Dept of Physiology, AIIMS on 7th May 2015.
Department Of Psychiatry
- 1. Early identification of childhood psychiatric disorders. By Dr Deepak Gupta, Senior Consultant Ganga Ram Hospital and Director, Center for Child and Adolescent Wellbeing.