Community Medicine Training
Students are given internship training by posting them in Urban training center of Nangal and Rural health training center of Brijwasan. Students get a diverse, rich clinical experience of interaction with the community at first point of contact. They observe and are involved in the delivery of primary care services e.g. Out Patient care, immunization, family planning and reproductive health services. Along with the posting at the centre they conduct community based research. Few of the researches conducted till date in the department are;
- Study of Breast feeding and weaning practices in woman of Jharera village with children of less than 2 years of age.
- Study of risk factors of CAD and HTN in people from Jharera village.
- Prevalence of self medication in housewives of Jharera Village.
- Knowledge, Attitude and Practice study regarding awareness of mosquito borne diseases among people in Jharera.
- Assessment of immunization coverage in children under 5 in Jharera Village.
Interns have also been involved in delivery of school health services in Army Public Schools as and when required and delivery of out-patient care bi-weekly in Senior Secondary School, Nangal. This is also the Urban Health Training Center where out patient services are delivered by the team. Interns are involved in several other activities e.g. school health, community awareness drives, celebration of events and health days etc.